Contact the cantonal ombudsman

2. When to ask for help

In which situations can you call on the Administrative Mediation Office (BMA) ?

The BMA can intervene if you have a conflict with :

  • the cantonal administration
  • the municipal administrations
  • institutions, establishments and foundations with public law missions
  • the administrative services of the judiciary and the Cour des comptes
In what situations is our office unable to intervene ?

The BMA can not intervene if you have a conflict :

  • with the elected members of the Grand Conseil, the Conseil d'Etat, the judiciary, the Cour des comptes, and municipal authorities
  • to deal with labor relations disputes between the administration and its employees

The BMA can not examine a case :

  • that is the subject of an ongoing legal proceedings
  • that has already been decided in law
unless the procedure is suspended for mediation.
Contact the Administrative Mediation Office


Last updated
15 November 2022

Is this page useful ?