Ask for a student permit

1. Overview

If you are from a foreign country and wish to study and live in Geneva, you will need a residence permit.

Conditions to obtain this permit vary depending on your nationality.

  • You are a EU/EFTA national and wish to apply for a student permit?
  • You are a national of a non-EU/EFTA country and wish to apply for a student permit ?
  • You are a Swiss national and are going to study in Geneva ?

If you are from Geneva and your main residence is outside of the canton, you do not need to announce your arrival.

  • Do you have any questions regarding housing, financial means or the possibility to work during your studies ?
Last updated
24 June 2024

Is this page useful ?