Conflict in Ukraine

8. Extension of the S permit

For whom

You hold an S permit that is about to expire.


Approximately one month before the expiry date of your permit, you will receive a letter: "Notice of expiry - request for extension of permit S" ("Avis d'échéance - demande de prolongation du livret S").

If you have a representative, the letter is sent to him or her. 

All you have to do is follow the instructions to apply for an extension of your permit.

If you have not received a letter when your permit expires, you must go in person to the reception desk of the protection, asylum and return service.


Please submit the following documents to extend your permit:

  • The expiry notice duly completed;
  • Colour photocopy of your passport.

If you have changed your address, please include the:

Important documents are sent by postmail. It is therefore essential that our services have your correct address. 

To ensure that you receive our mail, please check that:

  1. Your name (as it appears on your passport) is clearly marked on your letterbox.
  2. If you are living in someone else's home, you have indicated the name of this person (as it appears on their letter box) by filling in the "C/O" section on the OCPM form.


Extending the permit is free of charge.

Apply for an extension of the S permit
Return the duly completed expiry notice by post to the following address:

Asylum office
P.O. Box 2652
1211 Geneva 2

Or come in person to the reception desk of the Protection, Asylum and Return Service (SPAR):
Route de Chancy 90
1213 Onex

Contact us

OCPM - Service protection asile et retour
Tél: +41 22 546 49 02

Find us

Last updated
26 January 2023

Is this page useful ?