4. Obtain aid to start your business
There is a network of organizations in Geneva to help entrepreneurs develop their projects. These organizations offer advice, coaching, funding assistance, encouragement of innovation and R&D, promotion and networking.
The Directorate General for Economic Development, Research and Innovation is the gateway to carry out the first analysis of an entrepreneurship file and direct the project leader to the competent cantonal body, according to the needs identified.
Coaching, coaching and incubators
- Genilem (incubator, innovation, life sciences, start-up)
- FONGIT (incubator, ICT, tech fintech innovation, start-up)
- OPI (industry, consulting, promotion)
- FAE (financing, bonding, industry, enterprise, trade)
- Fondetec (financing, loans, premises, start-up, start-up, company, trade)
Support for innovation
- Campus Biotech Innovation Park (innovation, biotech, medtech)
- LTA Laboratoire de technologie avancée (industry R&D, innovation)
- InnoSuisse (innovation)
- Swiss Innovation Park (innovation)
- EPFL Innovation Park (innovation)
- Platinn (innovation)
- Venturelab (innovation)
Networking and other services
- Chambre APRES-GE (ESS, networking)
- CCIG (networking, export, arbitration, company)
- FER Genève (company, social insurance, training)
- NODE (company, social insurance)
- FTI (industry, land, real estate)
- Switzerland Global Enterprise (company, export, international development)
- UNITEC (technology transfer, UNIGeneva, HUG)
- Euresearch (research, R&D, financing, innovation)
Depending on your company's sector of activity, you can also use thematic promotion platforms: BioAlps for life sciences, Alp ICT for communication and information technologies or Micronarc for micro and nanotechnologies and CleantechAlps in Cleantech.
There are many other private economic development assistance structures that are not listed on this page.
You can also use private funding sources, such as banks, foundations, business angels or crowdfunding.