Obligation to wear a mask in public areas from 29 November 2021 at 6 am
In view of the significant increase in the number of infections, the State Council decided on 25 November 2021 to reintroduce compulsory wearing of a mask in enclosed areas of public establishments, events or other premises open to the public, as well as in enclosed areas of workplaces and training centres.
Consult the State Council decree (in French).
Any questions about COVID-19? Here you will find all information on protection, testing, quarantine and isolation.
- How to protect yourself from Coronavirus ? How to protect high risk people ?
- Coronavirus: Tips for everyday life (FOPH tips for festive season, social contacts, sports, loneliness)
- If you get sick, where to take the test ? where to have your child tested?
- If your test is positive, what happens in isolation or quarantine?
If you do not find the answer to your question, please contact the Hotline : 0800 909 400
Open everyday from 9am to 5pm.
Information on the new coronavirus (in French)
Find out more about the pandemic
- SwissCovid app and contact tracing - OFSP
- COVID-19 situation report - in French (cantonal doctor)
- Epidemiological situation in Geneva
- Federal office of public health (FOPH)
- COVID-19 sickness (HUG)
- World Health Organisation (WHO)
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-2019) - WHO situation reports
- Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by Johns Hopkins CSSE
- Information for travellers - Safetravel.ch - in French