Getting tested helps to quickly identify a COVID-19 infection and to take all appropriate measures to limit the risk of transmission to family members and the general population.
- A test is strongly recommended at the slightest symptom compatible with COVID-19.
- A test can be recommended even without symptoms in order to identify outbreaks and stop transmission, for example during quarantines of people who have been in contact with someone who is infected with COVID-19 or if several people have been infected in the same establishment, for example an EMS, a company or a school.
- Since February 8, 2021, a negative test on the 7th day of the quarantine allows the quarantine to be lifted.
90% of VIDOC-19 cases occur within 7 days of the last contact with a positive person.
1/3 of people infected with COVID-19 are asymptomatic but can transmit the disease.
During the quarantines imposed as a result of contact with someone who is infected with COVID-19, 1 in 5 people become positive.
You will find in this section all the information you need to get tested :
- Indications when one should get tested
- Testing centres in Geneva
- Types of tests
- Financial coverage of testing costs
- Testing for new strains of the virus