Check whether you need to declare yourself to the authorities
Are you indeed required to undergo a quarantine? You can fill in this questionnaire that will guide you.
Returning from a risk area
- It is recommended that you do not travel to areas listed in the list of states and zones at risk of infection.
- However, if you are returning from a risk area, it is mandatory to stay at home for 10 days and to announce your return from a risk area within 2 days of your return.
- Exemptions from quarantine are specified in the federal ordinance.
- Exemptions are also provided for. They are granted only on the basis of absolute necessity.
- Entry restrictions for third-party State nationals deemed to be at risk are always in effect. The State Secretariat for Migration (SEM) is competent in this matter.
Hotline of the Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH)
+41 58 464 44 88
Every day from 6am to 11pm
FOPH document: Mandatory quarantine for persons arriving in Switzerland