4. Events with more than 1'000 people
Events with more than 1'000 people
(with mandatory sanitary authorisation).
1) Major events
Access to large events with more than 1,000 people is only permitted on presentation of a COVID certificate. They are therefore not subject to any restrictions other than :
- Drawing up and implementing a protection plan that includes measures concerning hygiene and the enforcement of access restrictions;
- Requesting a sanitary authorisation from the cantonal doctor's office.
2) Specialist fairs
Organisers of trade fairs (e.g. trade shows) and general public fairs (e.g. car shows) must draw up and implement a protection plan:
- Fairs that are not held exclusively outdoors must restrict access for those over 16 years of age - to holders of a COVID-19 certificate only. They are not subject to any restrictions other than the protection plan, which includes measures concerning hygiene and the enforcement of access restrictions.
- Fairs with more than 1,000 visitors or participants per day must obtain a sanitary authorisation from the cantonal doctor's office.
Applying for a sanitary authorisation
When applying for a sanitary authorisation, the organiser must also submit a specific protection plan which provides for the protective measures specified in Art. 10 of Ordinance COVID-19 Special Situation, (French, German or Italian only) based on an risk assessment of the event and he/she must plan all necessary measures. Protective measures are detailed in Appendix 1 of Ordinance COVID-19 Special Situation.
This application must be submitted at least two weeks before the event. o do this, you must complete the authorisation form and attach your specific protection plan:
- Complete the authorisation form;
- Send the specific protection plan to firstname.lastname@example.org with the completed Excel file.
The cantonal doctor's office will send a decision to approve or reject the authorisation as soon as possible after analysing the file.
The department in charge of health, upon notice from the cantonal doctor's office, may revoke an authorisation or issue additional restrictions if the epidemiological situation deteriorates to the point where the event can no longer take place, or if an organiser has not respected the measures provided for in the protection plan.
A maximum number of participants will be fixed and adapted according to the deteriorating health situation in the canton. The application for a COVID health permit must be submitted at least two business weeks before the event. Applications submitted online after the deadline will not be processed.