2. Establishments, shops, services and activities
Are closed or prohibited :
- discos and nightclubs
- prostitution related activities and other similar activities such as erotic massages.
- bars and restaurants
(exceptions: take-away and home delivery between 6.00 and 23.00; restaurants for hotel customers between 6.00 and 23.00 and up to 10 on the night of 31 December to 1 January; company restaurants, school canteens)
- facilities and establishments in the areas of culture, entertainment, sport and leisure (examples: cinemas, gaming halls, concert halls, theatres, museums and exhibition venues, reading rooms in libraries, casinos, skating rinks, enclosed areas in botanical gardens, spas, saunas, fitness, pilates, yoga, cross-fit and other similar establishments, etc.)
(exceptions: cultural and sports facilities and establishments for activities of persons under 16 years of age*, outdoor sports facilities for groups of up to 5 persons, sports facilities for hotel guests, horse riding facilities)
*In order to comply with federal standards, the canton of Geneva has raised the age limit from 12 to 16 years old.
Are closed between 19:00 and 6:00, as well as on Sundays, Friday 25 December, Saturday 26 December and Friday 1 January:
- shops* and outdoor markets, including self-service
(exceptions: pharmacies and bakeries)
*for shops, new density limits apply according to the surface area of the shop (see modification of annex 3)
- service shops, such as post offices, banks, travel agencies, hairdressers and other personal services, including self-service facilities
(exceptions: health establishments and medical practices or practices run by a health professional within the meaning of federal and cantonal law; social services; public administration and police; public transport counters; car rental services).