1) Federal Ordinance (amendments - status as of 26th June 2021)
At its session of 23rd June 2021, the Federal Council decided to take a further step by allowing further easings of restrictions. As part of these amendments, it also allows for the first time the use of the COVID-19 certificate for vaccinated, cured and negative tested persons.
As of Saturday 26th June, with certain restrictions, the new allowances are primarily the following:
- The number of people per table in restaurants is no longer limited.
- Teleworking is now only a recommendation.
- The wearing of masks outside and at the workplace is no longer mandatory.
- For sports and cultural activities, the obligation to wear a mask and to respect distances is removed. There is no longer any difference between amateurs and professionals.
- In universities, technical colleges and further education institutions, there are no longer any restrictions with regard to face-to-face teaching. Measures for compulsory school and upper secondary level are under the responsibility of cantons.
- Limits for participants in major events (more than 1,000 people) with a COVID-19 certificate are lifted and the wearing of masks is no longer mandatory. A cantonal authorisation must be requested.
- Discotheques and dance halls may open to holders of a valid COVID-19 certificate.
2) Cantonal decree (amendment of 25th June 2021)
On 25th June 2021, the State Council adapted its implementing decree on COVID measures.
Considering that the sanitary restrictions resulting from federal law were adequately specified and adapted, it decided to delete the cantonal specifications and particularities.