2. Keeping up good hygiene habits
We have entered a new phase of the pandemic. This transition has been made thanks to the successful vaccination and immunisation of a part of the population due to Covid infections, and because the current Omicron variant is more infectious, but less dangerous.
In this new phase, all mandatory sanitary measures against Covid-19 have been lifted in Switzerland by the Federal Council since April 1, 2022, and it is now up to everyone to learn to live differently with Covid-19.
Let's keep up the good habits!
It is important to keep up the habit of regularly washing your hands with soap and water, or with a hydro-alcoholic solution if you are outside. With or without Covid-19, hand washing remains essential to protect yourself from viruses (Covid-19, flu, stomach flu, etc.).
How to wash our hands - FOPH
Frequent airing of indoor spaces is simple and easy. Remember to open the windows every hour. Regular ventilation will reduce the risk of transmission of Covid-19. One of the reasons why flu is so common in winter is that we tend to keep ourselves indoors as it is warmer.
It is recommended to wear a mask in the following situations :
- in case of symptoms
- if you test positive for Covid-19
A person may also wear a mask because they are vulnerable or because they feel it is personally necessary.
Where the mask must still be worn ?
If you have symptoms or in case of a positive Covid-19 test :
- Limit contacts with other people (e.g. going out with friends)
- Avoid places with lots of people
- Do not visit a vulnerable person (at least for 5-7 days after you have tested positive or the first symptoms appear).
- Cough and sneeze into a paper tissue.
- After use, throw the paper tissue in a trashcan and wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water, or an alcohol-based solution.
- Cough and sneeze into the crook of your elbow if you don't have a paper tissue.