4. Isolation and quarantine
In order to prevent the unimpeded spread of the Covid-19 disease, it is necessary to act responsibly :
- Isolation when you are suffering from an illness that might be caused by the coronavirus, whether you've been tested or not.
- Quarantine when you have been in close contact with a Covid-19 positif person.
Infected people can become contagious before they develop symptoms.
Memento for positive persons and persons in quarantine after close contact with a positive person
- Positive persons will only receive text messages by SMS.
- These people will have to put themselves immediately in isolation or quarantine.
- They will then be asked to fill in a form concerning the people with whom they have been in close contact during the past 48 hours.
- Finally, they will receive a personal isolation or quarantine decision from the cantonal doctor's service.
People waiting to be tested
As soon as you present symptoms and have made an appointment to take the test :
- go into isolation while waiting for the test
- start preparing a list of the people you have been in close contact with during the past 48 hours.
If your situation allows, it is recommended that you inform your relatives and other people you have been in close contact with that you are experiencing symptoms and waiting to be tested.
People waiting for their results
As soon as you have taken the test :
- place yourself in isolation while awaiting the result
- draw up a list of the people with whom you have been in close contact during the past 48 hours.
If your situation allows, it is recommended that you inform your family and other people you have been in close contact with that you have symptoms, that you have taken the test and are waiting for the result.
As soon as you receive the result by SMS:
- omply with the instructions (transmitted by SMS) of the investigation unit
- maintain your isolation.
You will probably not be contacted by phone but you will receive a new SMS at the end of your isolation.
As soon as you receive the SMS informing you that you have been in close contact with a person who has tested positive :
- comply with the instructions (sent by SMS) of the investigation unit
- immediately go into quarantine.
You will probably not be contacted by phone but you will receive a new SMS at the end of your quarantine.
During your isolation or quarantine, the COVICOACH website has been designed to provide useful tips and information in order to make your daily life easier.
Further information available on the FOPH website :
- FOPH guidelines for isolation or quarantine
- New coronavirus: SwissCovid app and contact tracing (FOPH)