2. Behaviour and hygiene rules and masks
- Observe the rules of hand and respiratory hygiene.
- Maintain a distance of 1.5 metres from other people.
- Wearing a mask is compulsory in all enclosed spaces accessible to the public (Swiss public transport and waiting areas, retail and supermarkets, administration, post office, bank, etc.).
- Wearing a mask is obligatory during gatherings (max. 5 people) in the public space when the interpersonal distance of 1.5 metres cannot be respected.
- Limiting contacts
- Stay at home if you have symptoms.
- Always call before going to the doctor or an emergency service.
General rules of hygiene
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water, or with an alcohol-based solution.
A hydro-alcoholic solution must be available at the entrance to shops and establishments open to the public. Customers must use it before entering.
- No handshakes and hugging and keep at a sufficient distance (1.5 metres) from your interlocutors.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cough and sneeze into a paper tissue.
- After use, throw the paper tissue in a trashcan and wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water, or an alcohol-based solution.
- Cough and sneeze into the crook of your elbow if you don't have a paper tissue.
- Air your rooms several times a day. Regular ventilation reduces the risk of virus transmission indoors. Distance, wearing a mask and hygiene rules remain the most effective measures.
The mask provides a physical barrier. The interpersonal distance of 1.5 metres combined with regular hand washing increases the effectiveness of the mask.
More information : Types of masks (FOPH)
Wearing a mask is required for children aged over 12 years in all places where it is compulsory (public transport, shops, etc.).
A hygiene mask can be reused. In routine activities (public transport, shops), once removed, the mask can be held in your hand or worn on the forearm (with the outside face out). It can then be put on again, always applying the precautionary measures.
If you do not plan to reuse your mask quickly, it can be folded on the outside surface and then put aside in a pocket or bag, a clean envelope or paper bag. Plastic bags are not suitable for storing a mask because they do not allow air to pass through, so masks cannot dry out. Also, viruses survive longer on plastic than on paper. The important thing is to always handle it after having disinfected your hands well and not touching the outside surface at any time.
If it is to be used later, it is best to hang your mask on a hook after use so that it does not touch any other objects.
A throwable mask can be thrown away after a day's use.
Hygiene masks cannot be washed. Fabric masks must be washed according to the manufacturer's instructions.
It is necessary to refer to the manufacturer's instructions. The mask should be washed at least after one day of use, at more than 60 degrees. Depending on the model, it is estimated that the mask can be washed between 5 and 20 times without losing any of its qualities.
Used masks must be thrown in a dustbin, if possible closed.
Yes, it is recommended that you purchase a Swiss TESTEX standard mask. The mask must bear the TESTEX Community Mask label.
Visors cannot replace a mask. They protect the eyes from droplet contamination, but do not guarantee protection from infection through the mouth or nose. They can therefore only be used as a supplement to a mask.
Certain persons may be exempted for medical reasons (certificate required). They must behave in an exemplary manner and be able to present their medical certificate in the event of an inspection. In such situations, masks may be replaced by a face shield.
Cleaning products and disinfectants
Commonly used cleaning products and disinfectants are effective against the COVID-19 virus.
Frequently touched surfaces are most likely to be contaminated.
It is therefore important to regularly clean surfaces and handled objects with a common household cleaning product. It is also important to regularly wash your hands with soap and water or a hydroalcoholic solution after touching potentially contaminated surfaces and to avoid touching your eyes, mouth or nose.