6. COVID Certificates e-démarches application form
For optimal use of the application, it is advisable to choose an up-to-date browser.
In some cases, in order to obtain a COVID certificate, it will be necessary to fill in an online e-démarches application form.
1) You are fully* vaccinated before June 21st in a vaccination centre in Geneva and have not obtained your COVID certificate
*Vaccination 2 doses or Cured + 1 dose
You did not obtain your COVID certificate via the federal system because there was a problem with the dispatch or management of the SMS containing the links to access and complete the federal application form.
This may be due to the following reasons:
- You gave a mobile phone number but:
- The mobile phone number registered was wrong.
- You have changed your mobile phone number since you registered and therefore have not received the SMS messages.
- You have lost your mobile phone.
- You didn't receive any or all of the SMS messages containing the links to obtain your certificate.
- You had a problem with your online application which resulted in the system being blocked (e.g. you entered your date of birth incorrectly and the system locked or you entered your six-digit secret code incorrectly and the system locked after 5 unsuccessful attempts.
You did not have a mobile phone when you registered or were vaccinated and:
The person who registered you with his or her mobile phone number had problems when trying to obtain your certificate.
2) You are fully* vaccinated before June 21st in a vaccination centre in Geneva and you received a certificate with errors
* Vaccination 2 doses or Cured + 1 dose
You received your COVID certificate but you would like to have it corrected because it contains false data:
- The personal data (surname/first name/date of birth) on your COVID certificate do not match the data on your identity document.
- There is a mistake in the vaccine data (type of vaccine or vaccination dates) on your COVID certificate.
NOTE: The Comirnaty® vaccine is the one manufactured by Pfizer/BioNTech. The COVID-19 Vaccine Moderna® is the one manufactured by the company Moderna.
- Error on their COVID certificate
- SMS not received
- Difficulty downloading their certificate to their mobile phone or computer
3) You were cured + vaccinated with 1 dose in a vaccination centre in Geneva after June 20th and you did not receive an SMS automatically transmitted in the following week containing the COVID certificate.
4) Regardless of the date on which you were vaccinated, you fall into one of the following categories:
- You were vaccinated outside the canton of Geneva (1st dose or both doses)
- You were vaccinated in a health institution (for example: EMS, EPH, etc.) or by an imad staff member (medical home care)
- You are a health professional and have been vaccinated at work.
5) You were entirely or partly vaccinated abroad and/or you have a foreign COVID certificate
Full information in the leaflet FAQ - Adminstrative procedures to obtain a COVID certificate.
You have been cured since less than 6 months and have performed a positive PCR test since less than 180 days abroad.
You have tried to apply via the federal form but the federal authorities have sent you a message asking you to contact your canton (e-démarches COVID certificates) because they were missing data or there was an error in your personal data.
You have received your COVID certificate but the personal data on your COVID certificate issued directly by the Confederation does not match the data on your identity card and you need a correction.
You shouldn't fill in the COVID Certificate e-démarches application form to obtain your COVID certificate in the following cases:
1) If you don't have acess to a mobile phone - in which case, you should contact the COVID-19 General information line (0800 909 400).*
2) Following a negative PCR or antigenic test: you should contact your testing centre or laboratory.
- Following your test, the testing centre or analysis laboratory will issue your certificate.
- If there is an error in the personal data (name/first name/date of birth) on the COVID certificate issued by the testing centre or analysis laboratory, please contact them directly.
- If there is an error in the test data (type or dates of test) on the COVID certificate issued by the test centre or laboratory, please contact them directly.
3) If you have received both your vaccine doses in the canton of Geneva, and the second dose was administered after 21 June, you should contact your vaccination centre to obtain your certificate.
4) If you have had a positive PCR test in Switzerland within the last 6 months and wish to obtain a COVID certificate as a cured person, you must first complete the application form available on the FOPH website
- If this application is refused, you can then apply for a certificate using the e-démarches application form.
The COVID certificate is personal. When checked, the certificate holder may be asked to prove his or her identity by means of an official identification document with a photo (e.g. an identity card).
The information on the certificate - surname(s), first name(s), date of birth - should be identical to the information on the identity document.
Upon receipt of your certificate, please check that the data matches. If such is not the case, a new certificate may be requested. To obtain a new corrected certificate, you may contact the COVID-19 General information line (0800 909 400).
All persons who do not have access to digital tools (mobile phone, computer and internet tools) and who do not have a close relative with a mobile phone who could help them with their application, can contact the COVID-19 General information line (0800 909 400). However, due to the large number of calls, the processing of COVID certificate applications by the helpline may take some time. We thank you for your patience.