4. COVID certificate for cured persons
Switzerland issues COVID recovery certificates based on a positive PCR or rapid antigen test in the situations listed hereunder. As a reminder, COVID certificates are issued free of charge.
- You had a positive PCR test.
- The laboratory that performed the PCR analysis is responsible for issuing this type of certificate in the canton of Geneva.
- If you did not receive your certificate from the laboratory, or were tested in another Swiss canton, you can apply for a COVID certificate on the FOPH website.
- If you were tested in another country than Switzerland, but you are a Swiss national or you have a residence permit, you may apply online for a COVID certificate by filling in the COVID Certificates e-démarches application form | ge.ch.
- In the European Union, the certificate is valid for 6 months (180 days) from the 11th day after the positive PCR test result.
- You had a positive rapid antigen test, performed in Switzerland by a professional
- As of 2nd May 2022, the screening centre or professional who performed the test is responsible for issuing this type of certificate in the canton of Geneva.
- If you took the test between 1st October 2021 and 1st May 2022, you may apply for a COVID certificate on the FOPH website or, for persons residing in the canton of Geneva, on the e-démarches Certificats COVID form | ge.ch .
- In the European Union, this recovery certificate is valid for 180 days from the 11th day after the positive result of the rapid antigen test.
- Note: If you are already in possession of a COVID recovery certificate based on a rapid antigen test, issued in Switzerland between 24th January and 16th February 2022, it can be converted into an EU-compatible certificate using the "COVID Certificate" application. Find out more about the procedure on the national COVID Certificate application platform.
Another situation: you were tested positive and received 1 dose of vaccine at least 28 days after your test. The vaccination centre did not issue you a COVID Certificate :
o You can request your COVID certificate by filling in the COVID Certificates e-démarches application form | ge.ch.
o The certificate, which is a COVID vaccination certificate, is valid from the day of vaccination for 9 months.
Certificates associated with booster vaccination for persons who have been ill with COVID-19
In this situation, in order to reflect the booster dose, the certificate is encoded 2/1 (2 doses received in total and 1 dose for the primary vaccination) instead of 2/2 (similar to the primary vaccination certificate with 2 doses).
Recommendation upon receipt of COVID certificate
Upon receipt of your certificate, please check that the data matches. If such is not the case, a new certificate may be requested. To obtain a new corrected certificate, you may fill in the COVID Certificates e-démarches application form | ge.chor contact the COVID-19 Green Line (0800 909 400).
Do you have a question regarding the COVID certificate?