Contact the cantonal ombudsman

2. Scope of action

In which situations can the Bureau de médiation administrative (BMA) intervene ?

The BMA can intervene in case of conflicts between a citizen and :

  • the cantonal administration
  • the administrative services of the judiciary and of the Cour des comptes
  • the municipal administrations
  • institutions, institutions and foundations with public law missions
In what situations can the Bureau de médiation administrative not intervene?

The BMA can not intervene :

  • in conflicts with the elected members of the Grand Conseil, the Conseil d'Etat, the judiciary, the Cour des comptes, and municipal authorities.
  • to deal with labor relations disputes between the administration and its employees.

The BMA does not have jurisdiction to review a case that is the subject of an ongoing legal proceeding or has been previously decided in law, unless the latter is suspended for an amicable settlement behind him.

Contact the Bureau de médiation administrative


Last updated
11 January 2022

Is this page useful ?